Generation Task Chairs by Knoll – unique elastic design offers a new level of ergonomic seating comfort and unrestrained movement that supports a range of natural postures and diverse work styles.
The brainchild of Formway Design, Generation Office Chair, the first work chair that allows you to sit and work the way you want.
The frameless Flex Back, Flex Top and Flex Seat (offering 270° unobstructed seat edge flex), combined with the unique Dynamic Suspension control and continuous lumbar support facilitate ergonomic comfort and a range of postures, including side sitting, throughout the work day.
Generation Task Seating is designed and developed to meet the Design for the Environment Guidelines, the operator chair's construction optimises material efficiency, reduces the amount of energy and material used in assembly and minimizes manufacturing waste. Generation has earned a Sustainable Platinum rating under the SMaRT© Consensus Sustainable Product Standard, which requires a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), a rigorous, independently audited process that evaluates the environmental attributes of a product throughout its total life.
Generation office chairs are manufactured in our LEED® Gold and ISO 14001 certified Lubin Manufacturing Facility using clean technologies:
- No ozone-destroying chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs)
- Adhesive processes (water based or hot melt) are 99% VOC-free
- Returnable packaging is used for chair component parts
- 100% of electricity used at the site is offset by wind energy
- BIFMA Level 3 certified
- Uses minimum amount of materials in construction
- Constructed with 40% (plastic base) to 46% (aluminum base) recycled materials
- 39% (plastic base) to 54% (aluminum base) of parts are readily recyclable
- Available with 20+ environmental fabrics from KnollTextiles, which are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®
Generation Task Chair has been tested and approved for use by individuals weighing up to 300 pounds.
See more products by Knoll.